The Guinean Trade Union Movement, an umbrella group of the major unions in the country, urged public and private sector workers not to turn up to their jobs from...
Vessels calling in Lomé (Togo) should be aware that they may face fines of over 130 million Euros and prison sentences of between 3 months and one year for exchanging...
BUDD P&I Correspondent: Rouen-Le Havre, Channel & Atlantic Ports
BUDD’s Channel and
Atlantic team of experienced, dedicated P&I claims handlers with
considerable legal and technical expertise, are on call 24 hours a day, seven
days a week, all year round, to attend to incidents promptly and proactively. Their excellent relationships and experience
with local authorities, port officials, terminals and receivers are key in
helping to expedite the handling of cases to reduce exposure and bring about
the timely and equitable settlement of claims.
Our offices in all
the main ports along the Channel and Atlantic Coasts of France are manned by
experienced and dedicated professionals who are well versed in local shipping
practices, laws and regulations.
- Comprehensive services to minimise your financial exposure
- Proactive claims management.
- LOU and bank guarantee arrangements.
- Legal advice before court actions.
- Appointment of surveyors and lawyers.
- Stowaway repatriation.
- Crew claims management.
- Medical assistance and repatriation of crew members.
BUDD’s quality commitment to our customers
We are always
committed to delivering the highest quality standards to our customers and
believe in the importance of feedback and updates for continuous improvement.
incidents and claims competently and professionally – all the way from the initial
notification to the final conclusion.
In addition to
initial guidance and advice in the aftermath of an incident, monitors and
conducts marine surveys, arranges for bank guarantees, when required and
proactively handles the files, provides reports regularly to the Clubs and
Our experience with
police authorities/embassies facilitates the successful release of vessels and
disembarkation/repatriation of stowaways and assistance with medical support.
- Team of experienced claims handlers with strong legal
and technical expertise.
- Prompt response and feedback with preliminary findings
upon urgent survey nominations.
- Preferential rates with local surveyors and lawyers.
- Surveyors available 24/7 and at short notice.
- Team of surveyors with vast shore based and marine
experience on-board all types of vessels.
- Excellent relationships with local authorities and
port officials help expedite case handling minimise our principals’ financial
- Handles many varied P&I cases annually (medical
assistance, stowaways, lifting of formal notices against vessel, loss of
- Provides a full range of promptly executed and
well-coordinated P&I services to Clubs, shipowners as well as chartered
BUDD P&I Assistance and Investigations
- Assisting in stowaway disembarkation, contacting local
Authorities, embassies and families, interviewing stowaways, arranging travel
- Dealing with cargo claims, LOU requests, negotiating
amicable cargo claim settlements whenever appropriate.
- Handling maritime pollution incidents and personal
arrest cases, preparing LOPs.
- Resolving Customs fine cases.
- Preparing documents/reports summaries and free
- Assisting in removing Anchors, contacting Authorities,
checking with the best companies for estimates, following up anchor searches
and having formal orders against vessels lifted.
- P&I surveys/investigations.
WIGGINS SURVEYING CAPABILITIES
Wiggins’ team of surveyors meets the survey needs of ship owners and
charterers throughout France’s ports.
BUDD/Wiggins offer initial guidance in the aftermath of an incident.
They investigate the incident, which may require surveying of the vessel, assist
and provide guidance in cases of total loss, salvage, wreck removals,
collisions, marine pollution, damage to cargo, hull and machinery damage,
bunkers and oil shortage, charter party disputes, seaworthiness, or personal
can also offer supervision and leadership for ship-to-ship transfers Vessel
Surveys on hull,
structure, cargo handling gear, hatch cover arrangements, machinery condition,
and operational status of oil tankers, container ships and general cargo
vessels are conducted.
are provided, including the statutory status of the vessel and its history.
where the survey was conducted, as well as details of the vessel’s recent
operational history, ports of call, cargoes carried and management/crew, is
Our surveyors’ fields of
Wiggins’ approved surveyors regularly conduct:
- Vessel’s hold cleanliness inspection prior loading operations.
- Superficial condition inspections for pre-purchase
- Pre/post charter assessments.
- Condition surveys.
- Draft surveys.
- Hose test surveys for cargo hold hatch covers.
- Cargo hold cleaning supervision and guidance on-board
on continuous attendance basis.
- Passivation of stainless-steel cargo tanks/preparing
cargo tanks for loading.
- On hire/off hire condition surveys.
- Ultrasonic testing of cargo hold hatch covers.
- Bunker quantity surveys.
- Pre-loading and discharging condition surveys.
- Wall wash tests/chemical cargo carriage.
- Break bulk loading /discharging surveys.
- Specialised cargo inspections.
- Load-in/load-out and mobilisation of heavy lift and
- Lashing supervision and certification.
- Super cargo for RoRo and break-bulk.
- Cargo sampling (petroleum/other cargo).
- Cargo tally, super cargo, cargo expeditors, pre/post
shipment steel cargo surveys and other project cargo.
- Hull & Machinery damage
- Structural failure inspections.
- Liquid cargo quantity and quality discrepancy.
- Survey on root cause analysis and investigations into
marine accidents including grounding, collisions and/or contact damages to
fixed and floating objects.
- Marine pollution investigations.
- Investigation of contamination claims of various
refined oil products, vegetable oils and chemicals in bulk (quantity and
- All types of container/cargo damage inspections
(including reefer containers and refrigerated cargoes).
- Ship and shore-based inspections.
- Dry-dock preparation, supervision and upgrading
vessel’s draft, cargo carriage capacity etc.
- Cargo grab capacity testing and certification
witnessed by Class.
- Mooring master/pilot/cargo operations supervisor for
ship-to-ship transfer operations involving oil tankers approved by oil majors.
- Safety audits and Towage approval certification.
- Oil – chemicals – gas.
- Cargo sampling and laboratory analysis witnessing.
Fast, professional support and assistance in case of emergency from qualified
staff. Our dedicated medical assistance
team works round the clock to organise doctors’ visits, daily visits to crewmembers,
land and air ambulances, escorted medical evacuation, repatriation of crew
Our job is to find the safest and most comfortable solutions for the
crew and at the same time, the least expensive for the shipowner.
We provide a full
range of promptly-executed and well-coordinated medical assistance services
from our offices that are strategically located at every port throughout France.
Our goal is to
respond to any emergency that may arise, quickly and effectively, providing comprehensive
and proactive medical assistance at all times.
Our excellent local
knowledge and different experiences with local hospitals, local maritime
authorities and embassies ensure that we can make the best arrangements for medical
evacuations, doctor’s visits, air and road ambulance transportation, liaising
and following-up with hospitals or clinics, hotel accommodation, special travel
arrangements, visa requirements, medical escorts for crew members where
necessary, and repatriation of deceased crew.
Our team ensures
that the appropriate medical attention is rendered and that all arrangements are
in order as and when needed. We work with a team of experienced doctors and
nurses who are always at hand to attend to patients in situations where they
are required to be escorted from one destination to another.
NEW SERVICE – QUICK, EFFICIENT AND SAFE HULL CLEANING
In the case of a polluted hull, the port may refuse
your call, which leads to a waste of time and increased costs.
If your vessel has a polluted hull, BUDD can help find
and appoint a local cleaning company for environmentally friendly hull cleaning
using biodegradable products. This operation can be followed by a specialized
A dirt-free hull optimizes vessel performance and fuel
efficiency and avoids rejection from port authorities around the world.
For further information or assistance in Rouen-Le Havre, or one of France’s
Channel and Atlantic Ports, please contact:
Ms Faiza Khabouri, Regional Manager for Rouen, Channel & Atlantic
Email: Faiza.firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +33 (0) 276
522 028, Mobile: +33 (0) 662 727 189