Since yesterday evening, many areas within the capital Conakry are under high political tension/instability because of violent clashes between the government and...
Budd Gabon reports that in the aftermath of yesterday's televised announcement by a faction of army officers, declaring the nullification of the elections that...
Gabon: Putsch Update
Following the military takeover in which President, Ali Bongo fell from power, Budd Gabon reports that:
- Calm has returned to the streets
- The country’s ports have resumed commercial operations (e.g. Port Gentil, Libreville, Owendo)
- A curfew has been imposed from 18:00 to 06:00
- The curfew may result in shift changes for stevedores
- The country’s borders have re-opened